Saturday, November 24, 2012

Projects I'm working on

Something funny happened yesterday.. as I was getting ready to go back to work, after my short vaca to Cabo, I had many thoughts and reasons why I shouldn't go to work! Why couldn't I just stay home and knit, cook, and blog all day? I walk into the bank and my managers tell me that I am not on the schedule!!!! I ran out of there like there was a fire! I spent time with my sister and mom and still had enough time to knit and cook in the evening while sitting in front of the TV with Z! I was a happy gal!

In other news, I wasn't sure if I could carry on knitting needles on a plane so I didn't even try to risk it. One of the projects I've been working on the past week is arm warmers with coral colored yarn. Here is what it looks like so far. It is a basic knit and purl pattern with the 2 stitches on each end alternating knit and purl. I learned today that this stitch is called stocking or stockinette pattern.



The other project I'm working on is the blanket I started for my sister a few posts ago. It is with purple chunky yarn. I undid the whole thing and started from scratch. I bought a contrasting colored yarn and circular knitting needles. The project has been going more smoothly and



I love this one because I am using spider stitch and the colors on the yarn are going to make it fun to wear.

I will post the final project when I am done along with the patterns... hopefully sooner than later!








1 comment:

  1. I hope you're continuing or close to finishing (if not already finished) with the blanket for your sister. I'd love to see it!

    Don't you just LOVE when things like that experience with work happen? They're rare, but maybe that's what makes them so special. I treasure those days most.

    ReplyDelete