Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Just an update

Crocheting is very relaxing. But before I get into crochet, I want to be able to be flawless with knitting. I feel like there is a lot more you can do with crochet than with knitting. Using the crochet hook is a bit awkward for my hand but I know its only because I don't use it as often. I want to be able to utilize both in the patterns I create.

I downloaded an app called Lion Brand Yarn on my ipad and now also on my phone that gives a lot of information on how to use gauge and also provides yarn info to recreate the same design. It's taking me a little longer to understand the guage to inches ratio but once i practice more I know I will get the hang of it.

You basically have to measure the number of stitches in an inch and that will help you get the right size with the pattern you are trying to use..

I tried to research it a little bit more and came across this website that breaks it down and will be esier to understand.
 http://www.knitpicks.com/tutorials/Gauge__D74.html

I'm using a notebook to keep track of new patterns as well as size measuremeants for different projects I'm working on. I also use the notebook to record stitches and keep track of where I am within the pattern when I set it down.

In other news, I restarted the purple blanket that I was working on from a previous post. pics will be on the way as soon after a few rows, so the pattern is more visible. I bought a blue yarn for a nice contrast in the pattern. :] I also bought circular needles and used 120 stitches to cast one. It's the most I've ever done! The outcome should be nice! I'm very excited for this project!





No comments:

Post a Comment