Monday, October 29, 2012

Mindless knitting

Practicing is important in knitting, as it is to perfect any kind of activity. For that reason, I'm using this chunky yarn to make a blanket for my sister. I am using 10mm needles to give the yarn some space between the stitches. I love the lacy pattern in knitting but am too impatient to see how the outcome is if I continue knitting after the first few rows. That will be my next challenge, given I have some extra fine yarn and large enough needles to create that look.

With this project I wanted to just practice my mindless knitting speed and accuracy. 



After knitting halfway though the yarn ball, I realized I'm gonna need at least 3 more yarns.
I tried youtubing some tutorials about knitting blankets, I learned that I'd need to cast on many stitches. My needles werent long enough for that so I think I'm going to need more yarn and sew them together. Crossing my fingers that I will find yarn with the same exact color and I do the same amount of stitches or rows to make them all be the same sized square to make an even larger square.


No comments:

Post a Comment